- Mix all the dry ingredients together except for the cinnamon.
- Then we add the lukewarm water until the mixture becomes like a porridge consistency.
- In a nonstick pan heat the olive oil on a medium heat.
- Spoon 1-2 tbsps of the batter (depending on how large you want them) into the oil. Don’t overcrowd the pan; fry the pancakes in batches (3-4 at a time).
- Fry until golden brown, flipping them occasionally.
- Transfer to some kitchen paper, to absorb the oil and repeat with the rest.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of warm honey or grape molasses and sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!
If you don’t have raisins then you can use any dried such as cranberries or even grated apple.
In the traditional Zakynthian recipe you would use grape molasses but honey or sugar will do the trick.
You can also use walnuts or sesame seeds to sprinkle on top at the end.