- Soak the bulgur wheat in hot water and leave for around 2 hours, then drain.
- Cut the tomato flesh into cubes, discard the seeds.
- Finely chop the herbs and the onion.
- Cut the cucumber into small cubes.
- Add the onion, the tomatoes, the cucumber, herbs, seasoning, olive oil and lemon juice to the bulgur wheat.
- Stir well and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
For a gluten free version use quinoa- it will need cooking as per the packet instructions then add the remaining ingredients as per the recipe above.
This salad will keep for up to 4 days if covered and refrigerated.
Salting the tomato and cucumber before adding to the salad will help get rid of any excess juice.