- Wash the artichokes then prepare by peeling back the stalk and trimming, cutting upwards to remove to tough outer leaves. Give the artichoke a hard knock on the corner of a table- it helps open the leaves to make it ready for stuffing.
- Place them in a bowl of water with lemon juice to stop them from turning brown. Put one or two handfuls of rice ( according to the size of your artichokes) in a bowl and add the chopped dill, salt and pepper, then mix together and start stuffing your artichokes, placing them in a wide shallow sauce pan as you go.
- When you’ve finished, chop the potatoes into wedges and stuff into the gaps in the pan, season, pour over the oil and top with water until they are covered.
- Place a plate on top then bring to the boil, once the water has boiled turn down to a low heat and simmer until the rice has cooked and the water has almost dispersed.
- Quisque sed magna eget purus lobortis euismod. Pellentesque iaculis ornare orci, sed lobortis est ornare eget. Aliquam vitae tellus ut mi rhoncus pulvinar sed nec justo. Etiam rutrum nec felis ac blandit. Vivamus convallis nulla in varius condimentum. Sed maximus augue purus, a ullamcorper nibh luctus vitae.
A recipe of few ingredients but where the ingredients have to be the very best that they can. It is traditionally eaten during lent but you could easily add hard cheese to the stuffing if you are not fasting. And make it a bit more interesting by adding spring onions, extra dill if you like it and lemon juice.