- Finely chop the onion and the garlic, cube the aubergine and place in a large bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil, season and stir to evenly coat all the ingredients.
- Next add the bulgur wheat, the grated orange zest and half of the chopped parsley,
give another good stir.
- Take a large baking tray, tip in the bulgur wheat mix then pour in the hot stock.
- Rub seasoning into the chicken thighs ( bone in & skin on) and place in the baking tray on top of the bulgur wheat mix.
- Drizzle the pomegranate molasses over everything, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and cover with foil.
- Place in a preheated oven (200 degrees) and cook for 20 minutes. Turn the heat down to 180 degrees and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil, check the liquid level ( you may need to add a little extra water), stir around to check everything is cooking evenly and cook for around 40 minutes.
- Decorate with pomegranate seeds, crumbled feta and the rest of the chopped parsley.
Serve with green salad.
The cooking time will vary according to the size of the chicken pieces you use. Once the chicken has browned, stick a fork into the flesh to check the juice run clear. Also turning the pieces over towards the end of the cooking time will give nice crispy skin on both sides.